Plant growth regulator.1. Paclobutrazol belongs to azole plant growth regulators, being the biosynthetic inhibitors of the endogenous gibberellin. It has effects of hindering plant growth and shortening the pitch. For example, being used in rice can improve the activity of indole acetic acid oxidase, reduce the level of endogenous IAA in rice seedlings, significantly control the growth rate of the top of the rice seedlings, promote leaf, make the leaves dark green, the root system developed, reduce the lodging and increase the production amount. The general control rate is up to 30%; leaf promotion rate is 50% to 100%, and the production increase rate is 35%. Being used in peach, pear, citrus, apples and other fruit trees can be used to shorten the tree. Geranium, poinsettia and some ornamental shrubs, when treated with paclobutrazol, have their plant type be adjusted, giving higher ornamental value. Cultivation of greenhouse vegetables such as tomatoes and rape gives a strong seedling effect.
2. Cultivation of late rice can strengthen the seedling, during the one-leaf/one-heart stage, dry out the seedling water in the field and apply 100~300mg/L of PPA solution for uniform spraying in 15kg/100m2. Control the excessive growth of the machine transplanting rice seedlings. Apply 150 kg of 100 mg/L paclobutrazol solution for soaking 100kg of rice seeds for 36h. Apply germination and sowing with a 35d seedling age and controlling the seedling height not higher than 25cm. When used for the branch control and fruit protection of the fruit tree, it should be usually performed in late autumn or spring with each fruit tree subjecting to injection of 500 mL of 300mg/L paclobutrazol drug solution, or subjecting to uniform irrigation along the 5~10cm place of the soil surface around the 1/2 crown radius. Apply 15% wettability powder 98g/100m2 or so. Apply the 100 m2 paclobutrazol with an active ingredient of 1.2~1.8 g/100m2, being able to shorten the base intersection of the winter wheat and strengthen the stem.
3. Paclobutrazol also has effect against the rice blast, cotton red rot, cereal smut, wheat and the rust of other crops as well as powdery mildew, etc. It can also used for fruit preservatives. In addition, within a certain amount, it also has inhibitory effect against some single, dicotyledonous weeds.
4. Paclobutrazol is a novel plant growth regulator, being able to inhibit the formation of gibberellin derivatives, reducing the plant cell division and elongation. It can be easily absorbed by roots, stems and leaves and conducted through the xylem of the plant with bactericidal effect. It has extensive activity on the Gramineae plants, being able to make the plant stems become short stalks, reduce the lodging and increase the yield.
5. It is a novel, high efficiency, low toxicity plant growth regulator with broad-spectrum bactericidal effect.
6. Fixed consumption amount of raw materials: Pinacolone: 930kg/t, 1,2,4-triazole 540kg/t, chlorobenzyl chloride 960kg/t.